1. Elevated; raised aloft; upreared.
2. Elated with great ideas or hopes.
3. What notes, what high-raised strains shall tell my joy?
4. Admiral Porter, Incidents of the Civil War, p.204Via a Wordorigins thread about the phrase "I have seen the elephant," interesting in its own right—it's apparently a southwestern expression meaning either 'to see it all, to experience it all' or 'to undergo any disappointment of high-raised expectations,' depending on who you believe.
5. Stoutly stood with his shield high-raised the warrior king, as the worm now coiled together amain: the mailed-one waited.