- The quality of being just; fairness. (noun)
- The principle of moral rightness; equity. (noun)
- Conformity to moral rightness in action or attitude; righteousness. (noun)
- The upholding of what is just, especially fair treatment and due reward in accordance with honor, standards, or law. (noun)
- Law The administration and procedure of law. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.