Definition of "wadding" [wad•ding]
- (noun) A wad.
- (noun) Wads considered as a group.
- (noun) A soft layer of fibrous cotton or wool used for padding or stuffing.
- (noun) Material for gun wads.
Use "wadding" in a sentence
- "The fabric or leather upholstery, combined with polyester wadding, is removable thanks to two lateral zips that give it an original finish."
- "On the heavier and better grades of piqué coarse picks called wadding are used to increase the weight, and also to give more prominence to the cord effect."
- "To get extra weight without altering the appearance of the face, extra warp yarns, termed wadding ends, are inserted between the face weave and the filling, floating at the back of the rib."