Definition of "r's" [r's]
- (noun) Plural form of r.
- (noun) the 18th letter and 14th consonant of the modern English alphabet
- (noun) a speech sound represented by this letter, in English usually an alveolar semivowel, as in red
Use "r's" in a sentence
- "The initial "r's" have gotten much better, but I'm never sure if the double "r's" are going to come out correctly or not -- no matter how hard I try."
- "Mr. Pataki is a key player in this yea r's contest."
- "I opened my door, prepared to point to my office hours posted there-Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 to 11 during months with “r's”, third Wednesdays during the summer except August, when I'm available only by mail to a P.O. Box in Truro, Mass."