Definition of "vocable" [vo•ca•ble]
- (noun) A word considered only as a sequence of sounds or letters rather than as a unit of meaning.
- (adjective) Capable of being voiced or spoken.
Use "vocable" in a sentence
- "Adonis _Adonis_ apropos _apropo_ bowsprit _bowsprit_ brooch _broch_ not _broosh_ compromise _compromize_ jowl _jol_, not like _owl_ molecular _molecular_ ogle _ogle_ trow _tro_ vocable _vocable_ zoology _zoology_, not _zoo_"
- "Further, an approach to symbolic description of musical sounds informed by human perception termed vocable synthesis is provided by McLean and Wiggins 2009."
- "2007 – Got interested in timbre and the voice, came up with the idea vocable synthesis."