- An entity, an idea, or a quality perceived, known, or thought to have its own existence. (noun)
- The real or concrete substance of an entity. (noun)
- An entity existing in space and time. (noun)
- An inanimate object. (noun)
- Something referred to by a word, a symbol, a sign, or an idea; a referent. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.