- At or in that place: sit over there. (adverb)
- To, into, or toward that place: wouldn't go there again. (adverb)
- At that stage, moment, or point: Stop there before you make any more mistakes. (adverb)
- In that matter: I can't agree with him there. (adverb)
- Used to introduce a clause or sentence: There are numerous items. There must be another exit. (pronoun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.