- A sheet, as of plastic or cardboard, in which a desired lettering or design has been cut so that ink or paint applied to the sheet will reproduce the pattern on the surface beneath. (noun)
- The lettering or design produced with such a sheet. (noun)
- The process of printing with such a sheet. (noun)
- To mark with a stencil. (verb-transitive)
- To produce by stencil. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.