- A device used in weaving to carry the woof thread back and forth between the warp threads. (noun)
- A device for holding the thread in tatting and netting and in a sewing machine. (noun)
- Regular travel back and forth over an established, often short route by a vehicle. (noun)
- A vehicle used in such travel: took the shuttle across town. (noun)
- A route used by a vehicle in such travel: the Washington-New York air shuttle. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.