- A small retail store or a specialty department in a large store. (noun)
- An atelier; a studio. (noun)
- A place for manufacturing or repairing goods or machinery. (noun)
- A commercial or industrial establishment: a printing shop. (noun)
- A business establishment; an office or a center of activity. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.