- A dark brown ink or pigment originally prepared from the secretion of the cuttlefish. (noun)
- A drawing or picture done in this pigment. (noun)
- A photograph in a brown tint. (noun)
- A dark grayish yellow brown to dark or moderate olive brown. (noun)
- Of the color sepia. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.