- Any of various free-swimming marine mollusks of the family Pectinidae, having fan-shaped bivalve shells with a radiating fluted pattern. (noun)
- The edible adductor muscle of this mollusk. (noun)
- A shell of this mollusk, or a dish in a similar shape, used for baking and serving seafood. (noun)
- One of a series of curved projections forming an ornamental border. (noun)
- A thin boneless slice of meat. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.