- Possessing great material wealth: "Now that he was rich he was not thought ignorant any more, but simply eccentric” ( Mavis Gallant). (adjective)
- Having great worth or value: a rich harvest of grain. (adjective)
- Magnificent; sumptuous: a rich brocade. (adjective)
- Having an abundant supply: rich in ideas. (adjective)
- Abounding, especially in natural resources: rich land. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.