- The quality or state of being actual or true. (noun)
- One, such as a person, an entity, or an event, that is actual: "the weight of history and political realities” ( Benno C. Schmidt, Jr.) (noun)
- The totality of all things possessing actuality, existence, or essence. (noun)
- That which exists objectively and in fact: Your observations do not seem to be about reality. (noun)
- Relating to or being a genre of television or film in which a storyline is created by editing footage of people interacting or competing with one another in unscripted, unrehearsed situations. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.