- The art or work of a poet. (noun)
- Poems regarded as forming a division of literature. (noun)
- The poetic works of a given author, group, nation, or kind. (noun)
- A piece of literature written in meter; verse. (noun)
- Prose that resembles a poem in some respect, as in form or sound. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.