- A living human. Often used in combination: chairperson; spokesperson; salesperson. (noun)
- An individual of specified character: a person of importance. (noun)
- The composite of characteristics that make up an individual personality; the self. (noun)
- The living body of a human: searched the prisoner's person. (noun)
- Physique and general appearance. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.