- Lasting or remaining without essential change: "the universal human yearning for something permanent, enduring, without shadow of change” ( Willa Cather). (adjective)
- Not expected to change in status, condition, or place: a permanent address; permanent secretary to the president. (adjective)
- Any of several long-lasting hair styles usually achieved by chemical applications which straighten, curl, or wave the hair. (noun)
- Existing or intended to exist for an indefinite period (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Not expected to change for an indefinite time; not temporary (adjective)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016