- Something suspended from something else, especially an ornament or piece of jewelry attached to a necklace or bracelet. (noun)
- A hanging lamp or chandelier. (noun)
- A sculptured ornament suspended from a vaulted Gothic roof or ceiling. (noun)
- One of a matched pair; a companion piece. (noun)
- Variant of pendent1. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.