- The part of the body joining the head to the shoulders or trunk. (noun)
- The part of a garment around or near the neck. (noun)
- Anatomy A narrow or constricted part of a structure, as of a bone or organ, that joins its parts; a cervix. (noun)
- Anatomy The part of a tooth between the crown and the root. (noun)
- A relatively narrow elongation, projection, or connecting part: a neck of land; the neck of a flask. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.