- A whitish liquid containing proteins, fats, lactose, and various vitamins and minerals that is produced by the mammary glands of all mature female mammals after they have given birth and serves as nourishment for their young. (noun)
- The milk of cows, goats, or other animals, used as food by humans. (noun)
- A liquid, such as coconut milk, milkweed sap, plant latex, or various medical emulsions, that is similar to milk in appearance. (noun)
- To draw milk from the teat or udder of (a female mammal). (verb-transitive)
- To draw or extract a liquid from: milked the stem for its last drops of sap. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.