- The power, force, or influence held by a person or group. (noun)
- Physical strength. (noun)
- Strength or ability to do something. See Synonyms at strength. See Regional Note at powerful. (noun)
- Used to indicate a condition or state contrary to fact: She might help if she knew the truth. (auxiliary-verb)
- Used to indicate a possibility or probability that is weaker than may: We might discover a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. (auxiliary-verb)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.