- The state of matter in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow, little or no tendency to disperse, and relatively high incompressibility. (noun)
- Matter or a specific body of matter in this state. (noun)
- Linguistics A consonant articulated without friction and capable of being prolonged like a vowel, such as English l and r. (noun)
- Of or being a liquid. (adjective)
- Having been liquefied, especially: (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.