- The act, process, or experience of gaining knowledge or skill. (noun)
- Knowledge or skill gained through schooling or study. See Synonyms at knowledge. (noun)
- Psychology Behavioral modification especially through experience or conditioning. (noun)
- Knowledge gained by study; instruction or scholarship (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act of gaining knowledge (noun)
- Any relatively permanent change in behaviour that occurs as a direct result of experience (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016