- An intricate structure of interconnecting passages through which it is difficult to find one's way; a maze. (noun)
- Greek Mythology The maze in which the Minotaur was confined. (noun)
- Something highly intricate or convoluted in character, composition, or construction: a labyrinth of rules and regulations. (noun)
- Anatomy A group of complex interconnecting anatomical cavities. (noun)
- Anatomy See inner ear. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.