Definition of "instability" [in•sta•bil•i•ty]
- (noun) Lack of physical stability; unsteadiness.
- (noun) The quality or condition of being erratic or undependable: emotional instability; political instability.
Use "instability" in a sentence
- "Lubos is using the term instability the way I find it meaningful."
- "So there lies (excuse the pun) the problem for the West either to intervene in Libya and cause further mayhem for years to come (Iraq, Afghanistan) or let the problem pan out with short term instability and persecution..decisions decisions Obama and co..."
- "Short interest in this stock is starting to grow and day traders should watch this in order to take advantage of some short term instability."