- The act of inflecting or the state of being inflected. (noun)
- Alteration in pitch or tone of the voice. (noun)
- Grammar An alteration of the form of a word by the addition of an affix, as in English dogs from dog, or by changing the form of a base, as in English spoke from speak, that indicates grammatical features such as number, person, mood, or tense. (noun)
- Grammar An affix indicating such a grammatical feature, as the -s in the English third person singular verb form speaks. (noun)
- Grammar The paradigm of a word. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.