- Of or relating to an individual, especially a single human: individual consciousness. (adjective)
- By or for one person: individual work; an individual portion. (adjective)
- Existing as a distinct entity; separate: individual drops of rain. (adjective)
- Marked by or expressing individuality; distinctive or individualistic: an individual way of dressing. (adjective)
- Special; particular: Each variety of melon has its individual flavor and texture. (adjective)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.