- An utterance used by a speaker who is fumbling for words. (noun)
- To fumble in speaking. (verb-intransitive)
- The fruit of a hawthorn. (noun)
- A hawthorn or similar tree or shrub. (noun)
- A nictitating membrane, especially of a domesticated animal. (noun)
- The round or oval fruit (a pome) of the hawthorn, usually red or yellow, containing one to five seeds (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016