Definition of "gimlet" 
- (noun) A small hand tool having a spiraled shank, a screw tip, and a cross handle and used for boring holes.
- (noun) A cocktail made with vodka or gin, sweetened lime juice, and sometimes effervescent water and garnished with a slice of lime.
- (verb-transitive) To penetrate with or as if with a gimlet.
- (adjective) Having a penetrating or piercing quality: gimlet eyes.
Use "gimlet" in a sentence
- "Sator: I'm more a martini guy myself, but that gimlet is in the top five."
- "A gimlet is a strong drink with a distinctive sweet sharp tang to it that is refreshing and elegant."
- "Brendan probably means gauntlet, since a gimlet is a small boring tool for penetrating wood."