- The shape and structure of an object. (noun)
- The body or outward appearance of a person or an animal considered separately from the face or head; figure. (noun)
- The essence of something. (noun)
- The mode in which a thing exists, acts, or manifests itself; kind: a form of animal life; a form of blackmail. (noun)
- Procedure as determined or governed by regulation or custom. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.