- A fireproof wall used as a barrier to prevent the spread of fire. (noun)
- Computer Science Any of a number of security schemes that prevent unauthorized users from gaining access to a computer network or that monitor transfers of information to and from the network. (noun)
- Slang To apply maximum acceleration or thrust. Used of motor vehicles or aircraft. (verb-intransitive)
- A fireproof wall or partition used to impede the progress of a fire, as from one room or compartment to another (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A computer system that isolates another computer from the internet in order to prevent unauthorized access (noun)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016