Definition of "fails" [fails]
- (verb) Third-person singular simple present indicative form of fail.
- (noun) Plural form of fail.
Use "fails" in a sentence
- "Promoted to Headline (H4) on 5/11/09: Wanda Sykes Takes Aim and Pierces Limbaugh's Treasonous Heart yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Wanda Sykes Takes Aim and Pierces Limbaugh\'s Treasonous Heart'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Article: "Rush Limbaugh said he hopes this administration fails, so you\'re saying, \'I hope America fails\', you\'re, like, \'I dont care about people losing their homes, their jobs, our soldiers in Iraq\ '."
- "Most American blacks have a far more attenuated connection to their African ancestors, and this country being both a cultural melting pot and a nation fascinated with racial and ethnic categorizations, the term fails to define our experience accurately."
- "But all those other extras will never be seen if the search engine doesn't find your article because the title fails to use the essential keywords."