- Being one of two or more considered individually; every: Each person cast a vote. My technique improved with each lesson. (adjective)
- Every one of a group considered individually; each one. (pronoun)
- For or to each one; apiece: ten cents each. (adverb)
- Every (one) of two or more considered individually (determiner)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- (as pronoun) (determiner)
- For, to, or from each one; apiece (adverb)
www.Collinsdictionary.com (c) HarperCollins Publishers Ltd 2016