- The act of showing or making evident. (noun)
- Conclusive evidence; proof. (noun)
- An illustration or explanation, as of a theory or product, by exemplification or practical application. (noun)
- A manifestation, as of one's feelings. (noun)
- A public display of group opinion, as by a rally or march: peace demonstrations. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.