- A large collection of writings of a specific kind or on a specific subject. (noun)
- A collection of writings or recorded remarks used for linguistic analysis. (noun)
- Economics The capital or principal amount, as of an estate or trust. (noun)
- Economics The principal of a bond. (noun)
- Anatomy The main part of a bodily structure or organ. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.