- The act of communicating; transmission. (noun)
- The exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing, or behavior. (noun)
- Interpersonal rapport. (noun)
- The art and technique of using words effectively to impart information or ideas. (noun)
- The field of study concerned with the transmission of information by various means, such as print or broadcasting. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.