- A set, collection, group, or configuration containing members regarded as having certain attributes or traits in common; a kind or category. (noun)
- A division based on quality, rank, or grade, as: (noun)
- A grade of mail: a package sent third class. (noun)
- A quality of accommodation on public transport: tourist class. (noun)
- A social stratum whose members share certain economic, social, or cultural characteristics: the lower-income classes. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.