- A fastening, such as a hook or buckle, used to hold two or more objects or parts together. (noun)
- An embrace or hug. (noun)
- A grip or grasp of the hand. (noun)
- A small metal bar or other device attached to the ribbon of a military decoration to indicate the action or service for which it was awarded or an additional award of the same medal. (noun)
- To fasten with or as if with a clasp. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.