- A small carnivorous mammal (Felis catus or F. domesticus) domesticated since early times as a catcher of rats and mice and as a pet and existing in several distinctive breeds and varieties. (noun)
- Any of various other carnivorous mammals of the family Felidae, which includes the lion, tiger, leopard, and lynx. (noun)
- The fur of a domestic cat. (noun)
- Informal A woman who is regarded as spiteful. (noun)
- Slang A person, especially a man. (noun)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.