Definition of "yabbies" [yabbies]
- (noun) Plural form of yabby.
- (noun) a small freshwater crayfish of the genus Cherax, esp C. destructor
- (noun) a marine prawn used as bait
- (verb) to go out to catch yabbies
Use "yabbies" in a sentence
- "New information indicates exotic freshwater lobsters, commonly known as yabbies, could threaten South Africa's environment, senior conservationist of the Free State Department of Agriculture and"
- "The banks of the pool were slimy grey mud, and the freshwater crayfish called yabbies lived in the mud."
- "I've always gone by the "yabbies" rule and it has never failed me."