Definition of "wafery" [wafery]
- (unknown) Like a wafer: as, a wafery thinness.
- (noun) Wafers collectively; pastry; cakes.
Use "wafery" in a sentence
- "It was not till comparatively recent times that the wafery, a special department of the royal kitchen, where the confectionery and pastry were prepared, was discontinued."
- ""Allow me," said Mr. Raleigh, taking her plate and bringing it back directly with a wafery slice of bread and a quaking tumulus of jelly."
- ""You ought to remember we're not used to these things," Wally protested, waving away a strange erection of cream, icing and wafery pastry."