Definition of "kabuki" [kabuki]
- (noun) A form of Japanese theatre in which elaborately costumed male performers use stylized movements, dances, and songs in order to enact tragedies and comedies.
- (noun) a form of Japanese drama based on popular legends and characterized by elaborate costumes, stylized acting, and the use of male actors for all roles
Use "kabuki" in a sentence
- "Vogel deserves a medal for writing two pages on this without one use of the word "kabuki.""
- "I agree with the theories that it would make a lot of sense if this was all kabuki from the start."
- "Of course not, well maybe to the point of engaging in kabuki theater to convince the gullible Democrats that Alito and Roberts were just umpires and not activists from the bench …"