- A formal meeting in person, especially one arranged for the assessment of the qualifications of an applicant. (noun)
- A conversation, such as one conducted by a reporter, in which facts or statements are elicited from another. (noun)
- An account or a reproduction of such a conversation. (noun)
- Informal An interviewee: "I had been warned that [he] was a tough interview—that he doled out flip answers ... to questions he was tired of being asked” ( David Roberts). (noun)
- To obtain an interview from. (verb-transitive)
American Heritage(R) Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright (c) 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.