Definition of "homo" [homo]
- (noun) A member of the genus Homo, which includes the extinct and extant species of humans.
- (noun) Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a gay man or lesbian.
Use "homo" in a sentence
- ""_Unus homo, nullus homo_" is a Latin proverb which means that one man alone is no man at all."
- "For we must vnderstand that the spirit of God there, speaking of sciences, vnderstandes them that are lawfull; for except they be lawfull, they are but _abusiuè_ called sciences, & are but ignorances indeede: _Nam homo pictus, non est homo_."
- "By the official promulgation to the term homoöusion, theological speculation received"