Definition of "g-force" [g-force]
- (noun) The acceleration of a body, relative to the freefall acceleration due to any local gravitational field, expressed in multiples of g0 (the mean acceleration due to gravity at the Earth's surface).
- (noun) the force of gravity
Use "g-force" in a sentence
- "If that's not enough, Under Armour provided some of this year's prospects with a William Gibson-tastic shirt called the E39, which transmits real-time g-force and breathing and heart-rate numbers."
- "The plane started to lift, and the g-force pressed me back against the seat."
- "My favorite part of this car is actually the performance-data display on the center LCD screen, a series of 11 configurable panels with graphical readouts for throttle position, brake force, yaw rate, front/rear torque distribution, steering angle, lateral, longitudinal and total g-force, among others."