Definition of "fabulists" [fabulists]
- (noun) Plural form of fabulist.
- (noun) a person who invents or recounts fables
- (noun) a person who lies or falsifies
Use "fabulists" in a sentence
- "Surely no other writer in any century can claim a following that includes Irish rebels, Latin American fabulists and Christian apologists."
- "Mr. Updike and Mr. Mailer wounded him so, because neither one of them can be called fabulists; neither one is in the camp of Samuel Beckett or the late-period James Joyce."
- "Her name occasionally resurfaces in stories about other fabulists masquerading as journalists, such as Jayson Blair and Stephen Glass."