Definition of "e-commerce" [e-commerce]
- (noun) Commerce that is transacted electronically, as over the Internet.
- (noun) business transactions conducted on the internet
Use "e-commerce" in a sentence
- "While we advanced our long-term e-commerce and e-book strategies last year, Children's Books also performed solidly, with revenue growth and strong customer metrics."
- ""If it is in a category like online travel or e-commerce, which is understood better out of the country, and if the company is catering to global customers, it makes a lot more sense to list on the Nasdaq or NYSE," said Mohanjit Jolly, managing director of global investment firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson."
- "In China, Yahoo owns a roughly 40% stake in Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding."