Definition of "dabbling" [dabbling]
- (verb) Present participle of dabble.
- (noun) An act in which something is dabbled in
- (noun) the fact of being involved in an activity in a frivolous or superficial way
- (noun) the fact of taking drugs occasionally without being a habitual user
Use "dabbling" in a sentence
- "These other individuals are sort of what I call dabbling in cosmetic surgery."
- "To-day, they manifested a particular attachment to a well at the bottom of the lawn, where they persisted in dabbling with sticks and pebbles, for above half an hour."
- "But Rogert has reaped one sizable benefit from "dabbling" - his word - in boat dealing, Joe Jordan reported on the Internet site Nebraska Watchdog."