Definition of "babe" [babe]
- (noun) A baby; an infant.
- (noun) An innocent or naive person.
- (noun) Slang A young woman.
- (noun) Informal Sweetheart; dear. Used as a term of endearment.
- (noun) a baby
- (noun) a naive, gullible, or unsuspecting person (often in the phrase a babe in arms)
- (noun) a young woman or man perceived as being sexually attractive
Use "babe" in a sentence
- "I. ii.118 (294,1) like a babe] That is a _weeping babe_."
- "Among those risking romantic rejection and public humiliation is a ski instructor keen to propose in salopettes, a sailor who uses the word "babe" as punctuation, and a civil servant who stores his engagement ring in a laundry tablet dispersal bag."
- "He watched the word babe hit her across the face like a hard slap, along with more he didn’t mean, but somehow couldn’t stop from saying."