Definition of "baa" [baa]
- (verb-intransitive) To make a bleating sound, as a sheep or goat.
- (noun) The bleat of a sheep or goat.
- (verb) to make the cry of a sheep; bleat
- (noun) the cry made by sheep
Use "baa" in a sentence
- "Mr. _Osmore_ stated his complaint, and the president of our committee replied, and stated ours; and among other things, observed that the word "_baa_," had no more meaning than a thousand other senseless cries, uttering constantly from the throats of idle, thoughtless boys; and begged Mr. Osmore to explain how such an unmeaning sound could be construed into an insult to him; that if he and his officers should cry _baa! baa! baa!"
- "That, however, is another sect known as baa-baa yoga."
- "But then a gang of young, over-enthusiastic woollies with protectionist leanings aka baa-aad lambs get wind of the secret negotiations."